As a registered Canadian charity, The War Amps is qualified to issue receipts for income tax purposes to those who donate to our programs and services. Please note, our receipts are not invoices and you are not obligated to send in another donation.
The Canada Revenue Agency has very strict regulations for receipts. The War Amps must follow them closely in order to maintain our charitable status. For more information on these guidelines, please read their Interpretation Bulletin IT-110R3 .
- When will I receive my receipt?
The War Amps issues receipts by February following the year during which the donation was made. If you wish to receive your receipt sooner, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com or 1 800 250-3030. If you are currently preparing a donation and wish to receive your receipt immediately, please make your request at the time of the donation.
Donations received in December may be receipted separately from donations made earlier in the year. Please allow an additional 2 weeks for this receipt to arrive.
You may use charitable income tax receipts within 5 years.
- How can I get an error on my receipt corrected?
- We apologize for any mistake we have made. To obtain an amended receipt, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1 800 250-3030.
- I misplaced my receipt. Can I receive another one?
- Yes. Simply contact Customer Service at email@example.com or 1 800 250-3030 and we will gladly send you a replacement receipt.
- Can you make changes to my receipt?
Changes can be made to a receipt with the exception of the year appearing on the receipt. Charities must date receipts for the same year during which the donation was received. It is imperative that we adhere to these guidelines so that our charitable status is not endangered. For more information, please read the Canada Revenue Agency’s Interpretation Bulletin IT-110R3 .
If you require a name or address change on your receipt, simply contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1 800 250-3030. In some instances, you may be required to return the receipt to us for a replacement.
- I want to donate something other than cash. Can I get a receipt?
- Certain donations other than cash can be considered gifts in kind. It is possible to issue a receipt for these gifts as long as the amount recorded is the fair market value of the item as of the date of the donation and as determined by a written valuation by someone knowledgeable in the field. For more information on what constitutes a gift in kind, please read the Canada Revenue Agency’s Interpretation Bulletin IT-297R2.
- I directed my United Way donation to go to The War Amps. Will you send me a receipt?
- We are grateful you have chosen The War Amps as the recipient of your donation. Rest assured that your donation will go towards helping amputees in Canada. Your receipt, though, will be issued by the United Way. The United Way will forward your donation to us, keeping your name and address confidential. Please contact us directly if you would like to request key tags and address labels.
- Does The War Amps issue a receipt for any donation amount?
- Yes. A receipt is issued for all donation amounts.