Child amputees have “taken up the torch” of remembrance to commemorate the sacrifices of those who served and pay tribute to the veteran members of The War Amps.
Child amputees are honoured to participate in Operation Legacy events and national remembrance initiatives. There are many ways these members help pass the message of remembrance to the younger generation:
- Wreath layings on Remembrance Day and at commemorative ceremonies throughout the year
- Presentations and displays for schools, community groups and local events
- Letter to the editor submissions, which inform the public about important military heritage anniversaries
- Library donations of documentaries from The War Amps Military Heritage Series
- Candlelight ceremonies and other special events